Sunday, October 23, 2011

Man Up! (Ode to Rachel Maddow)



You know you have too much time on your hands when you spend your Friday making a horribly off-key song parody video while sitting in your car waiting for your kids to get out of school. This one was inspired by a wonderfully epicene political wonk and her Thursday segment about the Koch Brothers.

It was a coincidence eerie enough to make me wonder if I needed to update my spyware and my life insurance policy. See, I’d spent the day working on some chapter segments for the sequel to Waiting for Karl Rove - tentatively titled Waiting for a Plot. Yes, Kat Nove and I are hard at work writing book two, and on that very day I’d been writing a scene about the Koch brothers and their involvement in the current 2012 election run-up.

Satire + fiction + a sprinkling of facts (divided by) what might or might not be happening behind closed doors = humorous conspiracy theories that have the ability to saunter a bit too close to reality for my good taste.

You’ll have to wait and read the book to know what I’m talking about.

At any rate, I settled into my comfy recliner and tuned in to hear Rachel Maddow challenge Charles and David Koch to “feel free to man up.”

See, that’s the difference between Rachel and I; why she has a show, while I merely have a tiny little inconsequential blog. She simply, succinctly, sublimely (alliteration, suck it!) told the Bro’s Koch to “feel free to man up” while I’d have told them to “feel free to…” do something that involved a lower orifice accompanied by a few badly-chosen naughty epithets.

Her way was much more effective…

Holy Sh*tballs, Batman! She just told the overlords of the beltway to f-ing MAN UP! Boy, oh boy - I’m one smitten kitten. Ms. Maddow has my full attention. If she shows up for work on Monday with all of her appendages intact, Kat and I should be OK with what’s going into Waiting for a Plot.

Hopefully.

Rachel, this one’s for you. Keep up the good work!


2 comments:

  1. I certainly hope you forwarded a copy of the video to Rachel. I LOVED IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Blog is great and nice. I am sure you will be interested in Rude Boy Vibrator Get Rude Boy Vibrator..
    Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete